Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I was informed that my son is missing, and I travelled from Jaffna to Colombo on May 19th 2007.My son Kirubalan (23) is a final year Civil Engineering student at the Technical College in Kokkuvil, while working as a field officer for ASB.

He came to Colombo to seek visa to go to Cyprus for employment. He had been residing at the Ramakrishna Mission in Wellawatte, when he went missing.

I was told he had bread and left at 2pm on April 28th 2007, but never returned. I have lodged an entry at the Mutwal Police Station on arrival. I went to Boosa Detention Camp on May 25th 2007. The officials told me that my son is being held there, but I did not see him.Later they told me that, my son has been released. he never returned.

Therefore I went to the Boosa Detention Camp on June 23rd 2007 for the second time, and was told again that, he is not being held there.Money had been withdrawn from my son’s account for six times from ATMs.The first withdrawal was made from an ATM in Keyzer Street for a sum of Rs.20,005/=,the second withdrawal was made for a sum of Rs.2,005/=,the third withdrawal was made for a sum of Rs.5005/=, and the fourth withdrawal was made for a sum of Rs.1,005/=.The fifth withdrawal was made for a sum of Rs.10,005/= and the sixth withdrawal was made for a sum of Rs.2,005/= from an ATM in Mutwal.I cannot return to Jaffna without seeing my son” said Sivagnanasundarai Balasubramaniam of Thirunelvely (51) in Jaffna